New Mexico Distance Learning
Association (NewMexicoDLA) is a non-profit association of learning
professionals who advocate and promote the coordination and use of
distance education in New Mexico. We welcome new member who want to be
part of the discussion around distance learning policies and practices.
NewMexicoDLA provides opportunities for professional development,
networking, leadership, and collaborative opportunities for educators in
K-12, higher education, and business setting. Membership is inexpensive
and automatically conveys membership in the national organization, the
US Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
1. Promote equal access to education through distance learning opportunities.
2. Promote diversity in our organization, its programs, and its activities.
3. Communicate current information about emerging technologies by providing professional development and innovative opportunities for distance learning.
4. Provide regional support, leadership, and advocacy in the field of distance learning.
5. Influence government policy and regulatory bodies regarding distance learning issues.
6. Promote and facilitate the formation of partnerships among education, business, healthcare, government, and others.
7. Support, recognize and/or award innovative and outstanding ideas, contributions, or achievements in distance learning.